Tuesday 20 April 2010

Introduction

I have began my final major project with an interest in the body. In attempt to take this further I want to look at body ethics which, I have broady titled ‘body matters' issues surrounding the human body. This sparked an interest in ideas surrounding gender identity, body image and ideals. I plan to explore how and to what extent social and cultural structures influence the body such as identity. Looking at social norms and expectations and bodies that stray from the ordinary. I begin my research by investigating how body ideals and identities are constructed, represented and performed.

(After Easter my direction begins to change and after a discussion with my tutor and looking over my research we decide that I focus on the IDENTITY and PEOPLE - see 'Talk with Tutor' post)

No comments:

Post a Comment