Friday 30 April 2010

Experiment: Day Out












I decided to go for a wander in central London. After talking to Peter I wanted to watch people go about their daily lives and see if I would stumble upon anything interesting. I wanted to keep my distance and go unnoticed.

I took pictures on my phone camera as I thought it would draw less attention and I could pretend I was playing or texting on it, whilst secretly taking photos. Unfortunately my phone camera doesn't have a zoom or flash - however, I feel this added a good distance in the final pictures and to the figures within them. I did not feel like I was intruding on anyone, I just felt easy like I wasn't there or I was tourist taking pictures on their day out as no one seemed to mind even notice. I was observing at a distance not knowing who they were, what they were talking about or what they were doing there and then. I couldn't make out their expressions or gestures. This made me feel at ease just sit back and watch, making up my own ideas in my head: imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment