Tuesday 27 April 2010

Catch up with Peter my tutor

My project proposal aims roughly focused on the broad issues surrounding body image/ideals and gender. I found looking at gender issues a vast theoretical abyss that I felt I could not focus my interests in on. I wanted to study in a more accessible and practical way, which I had been finding difficult looking at gender discourse and identity. After with my tutor, moving forward with the underlying interest have been on the body 'people' and ideas related to private/public spheres.

As discussed with my tutor ideas were falling towards the body as a 'spectacle' not purely subject. Something that is observed. How it is viewed and seen by the observed and the observed. How we hold public/private bodies. Distance vs. personal.

Zooming in and out of people's daily lives, routines and journeys; watching life passing by. Slice of life.

Culture, the individual and identity
Societies and representation
Media and society

No comments:

Post a Comment